Monday, August 16, 2010

Only Monday...

Oh you know it's bad when, upon waking, you realize that it's not Wednesday or Thursday, but Monday. I've felt this way many times during my life, but I think it's exponentially worse with kids in the hospital. Despite my desire for the week to be half over already, it was a pretty good baby day. I mentioned a few days ago that we can actually tell that the babies are growing because they're no longer fitting in preemie size clothes, well their lengths were measured last night. Eloise is now 16.9 inches long, while Cooper is 17. They're the size of term babies...well, almost. :-)

Eloise is starting to require less oxygen to help her breathe, and is still doing well with her bottles. It surprises me that she's our shorter baby, because she always likes to be stretched out she seems so much longer!

Cooper now has a doctors order saying the nurses can, at their discretion, remove his cannula and let him breathe room air without any pressure. He's been off of it a few times, but knowing the doctors are confident enough to allow it to come on and off at will is really exciting.


2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait until Friday when I get to see how big they are with my own eyes. Holding them will be so different than the past times. Like you I hope the week goes by quickly. XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. With every tiny improvement, the "light at the end of the tunnel" (aka discharge from the hospital) gets a bit brighter. I am looking forward to Ella also not needing her oxygen all the time-it will get you one foot closer to the door. I can't wait to see them in person. All our love, Barb and Brian

    ReplyDelete